Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rough Night

Well she had a very rough night.  They gave her some medicine for the pain and she fought her demons all night.  She was very delirious and her heart rate was all over the place.  Around 5:00 this morning she finally went to sleep but then around 6:00 she had another small seizure.  She knew she was having it and right after it got done she said that her muscles hurt and she doesn't want anymore of these.  Her heart rate didn't race as much and her blood oxygen didn't drop like the other times.

She is very lethargic.  When they have come in and done the neurological tests she can't make her arms and legs do what they want her to do.  She is very frustrated.  They have ordered a MRI to see what is going on in her brain.

She told Kirk and I that she is afraid to go to sleep because every time she goes to sleep something happens to her.  She is terrified to have another seizure.  The doctors are telling us that it usually takes around 24 hours to get the medicine out of her system that caused the seizure. 

 I feel so bad for her.  She has been through so much.  She is such a sweet girl.  She reads the blog when she can and loves to read the comments.  Thank you all for your love and concern.  I really don't know how much more she can take.  I am so grateful that she is in this hospital.  It is so comforting that I can call the elders anytime and they will come and give her a blessing.  Keep praying for her.

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    I came for a brief visit after work this morning. You were out cold, and now I can see why. Don't worry too much about the seizures, it is a fairly common reaction to some of the medications we give our babies (actually this happened to a baby just yesterday when I gave him a sedative called versed). From what your parents say, it sounds like the leukemia is well on its way into remission. Your body will soon recover from the side effects of the medications. I really think the worst is over and you're going to start feeling better within the next day or two. Hang in there. You are on our minds constantly. We love reading this blog and pray for your quick recovery.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa, I'm Kathy DeFord from the Millard Ward/Conestoga Branch. Hang in there! I'm thankful for the miracles some of the modern drugs can do, but sometimes to perform these miracles they can cause some bad side effects, as you have found out first hand! I am praying for you and your family, and will make sure your name stays on the prayer list at the Winter Quarters Temple.
    Sometimes it helps during stressful times to have a personal "mantra" to repeat in your mind to bring a measure of calm and peace. It could be a group of words that bring peace to your mind, like a phrase from a hymn or a line from scripture or poetry. Here are some ideas that could jog your creativity, if you are interested:
    "In this place will I give peace." (Haggai 2:9) "Peace, be still." (Mark 4:39) "Be at peace." (Job 22:21) "Fear thou not, for I am with thee." (Isa 41:10) "My peace I give unto you." (John 14:27) "May the peace of God rest upon you." Alma 7:27) "Peace be unto thy soul." D&C 121:7 "In the strength of the Lord thou canst doest all things." (Alma 20:4) "The Lord is my strength." (Isa 12:2) "I need thee every hour, stay thou near by." (Hymn) "Cast thy burden upon the Lord and he shall sustain thee." (hymn)
    You are fortunate to have the Gospel in your life during this difficult time. It can be a great comfort and bring healing to your body and spirit. With love, Kathy DeFord

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa,
    I am so sorry you have had such an ordeal. I have been praying for you. You are such a sweet girl and it makes me feel bad that you are suffering so much. I keep thinking about the fun day we had together with Chinese food, the museum tour, and Ace Hardware. Hopefully we can do something fun, as soon as you are feeling better. I love you and want you to know that we are planning on visiting you soon.
    Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete