Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Friday is the goal

Alyssa's counts stayed at 500.  Her white blood cells went up 500.  She is going in the right direction.  They have taken away all of the antibiotics except for one.  They have upped the magnesium in pills and they are giving her only one bag of magnesium in the iv.  She use to have that always going in her iv.  When she goes home we will have home health care and she will have magnesium at night.


The goal is FRIDAY TO GET OUT OF HOSPITAL.  If all goes well without all of the iv's then she can go home and continue the arsenic as a outpatient.  Her heart number was just above the right number today so she had a break again today from it.  She went on another walk outside and it made her feel real good.  Pray that no more set backs will occur between now and Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are looking good! Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray Alyssa!! We're so happy for you! I had my gallbladder taken out yesterday and I couldn't make it more than 4 hours in the hospital! The doctor wanted me to stay overnight but I begged him to let me go home under Dan's supervision. :) Hospitals always remind me of the 14 weeks I spent on bed rest and in/out of the hospital when I was pregnant with Carolyn. Ugggg.... You'll feel like a new woman when you get to sleep in real bed again! Hang in there till Friday.
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alyssa
    Well today is Friday...I can't wait to hear if you get to go home today. You have been through a lot. If not today, it sounds like it's just around the corner.
    Love
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete