Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I hope that everyone is enjoying the day.  Kelsey got here safe and sound.  She had the stomach flu when she flewin so she didn't come up to the hospital.  Yesterday when she was up here she wore a mask all day.  She has gotten a new appreciation for when Alyssa wears her mask.  I took her yesterday to get her hair back to brown.  She looks like Kelsey again.  It is soooo good to have all my family here.  I will post a family picture when Alyssa wakes up.

I am so thankful for my family the support that they are to me and Alyssa.  It has helped Alyssa to have her dad, brother and sister here with her.


She is having her 8th round of arsenic today.  Her counts are coming in slowly.  Yesterday her nurtrafills dropped to 200 and today they came back up to 300.  They say she is doing well.  I just wish her counts would come in faster.  She is really getting tired of being in the hospital.  We have played some games and watched some movies but it is not the same as being away from the hospital.  Bryan's blood has been taken to see if he is a match to Alyssa.  Kelsey's blood will be taken on Monday.  If the weather is good Kirk and Kelsey are going back on Monday.  Bryan is going back tomorrow and then Alyssa and I will be alone again.  It will be a sad day. 

 I hope everyone will have a good 2011 and remember to hug your loved ones.  You never know what is around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your family could all be together. These trials and experiences remind us of what is really important to us- our families and the gospel. May the Lord continue to bless your family. Hopefully Alyssa will be able to get a break from the hospital soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone,

    It is so heartwarming to see all of you together, helping each other as you help Alyssa. I wanted to see you for Christmas and feel bad that I wasn't able to get up to the hospital; but I read your posts every day and am following closely how Alyssa is doing. I am so proud of all of you, and love you all very much. Alyssa, I will never be able to put into words how much your faith and testimony have influenced my life. You are a very special daughter of our Heavenly Father, and I know that He is watching over you. Kirk, I haven't known how to get hold of you. I have presents here for your family, so please call me before you leave. Love, Mom/Grandma Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to nursing school with Kyle ('94-'96). I haven't seen him since we graduated. Say hello to him for me (I wonder if he will remember me). Alyssa, it sounds like you're almost there.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete