Sunday, January 2, 2011

No arsenic today

Alyssa threw up 3 times yesterday.  We asked the nurse about it today and she said with this disease you have to just take one day at a time.  Kirk  and I think that her body was saying I have had enough of arsenic give me a break.

Her heart  was not the right number today so she got her break.  She has had a pretty good day.  She has started reading a book today and I think that she is excited that she can read and remember what is going on.  Her nurtrafills went up to 400 today.  She is still going in the right direction.  When Dr. Peterson came in tonight he said that they need her nurtafills to stay above 500 for a couple of days and then they will take her off of the antibiotics and see what she does.  After that they need to wait to see if the cardiologists will let her go home.  He told her that sometimes they are more strict than the leukemia doctors.  Her face just fell when he said that.  He asked her if she has been outside.  She told him no.  He said that he would talk to the cardiologists about that and maybe she could go outside.  I am sure that will make her feel better.

I told her that we don't need to worry about that right now.  We just need to get your numbers  up and then we will go from there.  Bryan left to school tonight.  Kirk and Kelsey are leaving tomorrow as soon as Kelsey gets her blood drawn.  I am sure it is going to be a hard day tomorrow.  I don't want everybody to go and I am sure that Alyssa doesn't want them to go either. 

2 comments:

  1. You girls hang in there, I can feel a break heading your way soon. Start with a walk outside and see where that leads....You might be amazed at what a little fresh air can do for you.

    Still pullin for ya.

    Mike & Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be out soon enough Alyssa. Just keep getting better and the day will come sooner then you think. I too feel a break is coming your way, you deserve it. I will call or text you later on today to see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete