Friday, January 21, 2011

some more poison today

We went up to the clinic today and they said it was okay to give some poison.  We waited there and got the dose today.  We are getting really good at playing games.  When they told us her nutra fills numbers for yesterday and today we were very excited  Yesterday it was 800 and today it was 1200.  I asked what the number would be for a person that doesn't have leukemia.  They said that it varies on if you are fighting a sickness or not.  They told me the numbers should be 1800 to 6300.  So she is getting there.

When we were driving home Alyssa got sick, thank heavens we had put the throw up bucket in the car from the hospital.  Usually when she throws up her numbers for her heart go up so it will be interesting to see  what they are going to be tomorrow.  We can't figure out why she is throwing up after getting treatments.  I guess we will see what tomorrow brings. 

Kirk and Kelsey tell me that it is freezing in Nebraska.  I am glad that Alyssa is not in that kind of weather because I don't know how we would keep her well.  We are both looking forward to going to a matinee show one of these days.  We have to go to a matinee show because usually there are less people there and we have to sit far away from other people so she doesn't have to wear her mask.  We don't know what is playing but I keep trying to come home a different way and we have found all sorts of things that we didn't know were by our house.  We have found a shopping mall, a theatre and the most important of all a fabric store.  Hope all is well in everyone's life.  Don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them and give them a hug.  You never know what tomorrow will bring. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet sentiment and reminder to appreciate those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Her nutrafills went up 400 in just 1 night!!! That makes me wonder if our nutrafills go up that quickly overnight as well. Or if they go up even more or do they stay stagnant because we are healthy and we don't need more nutrafills to fight the illness. Amazing, how God prepared everything and created our bodies so that we can get better and survive past any illness that may infect our bodies. They really are gems that are necessary to life and for us.
    Wow, yesterday really was a great day for you guys and for me as well. I learned so much yesterday and this morning. I tried texting Alyssa yesterday to see how she was doing but she never answered but I guess now I know why, I'll call later on today to hear more. Love ya. Keep doing the best you can. You may get sick after every arsenic treatment that you receive but at least you don't get as sick as you were before. And you wil get through this you always do. This will be such a great experience for you to remember and treasure in the rest of your life. Don't forget you are amazing, I could not have asked for a better sister. I love you so much, can't wait to hear from you again today!!
    Love,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, I want to tell everyone that when Lisa and I stopped in to visit you, you looked GREAT!

    Alyssa's eye's sparkled and Annalee's smile was genuine and warm. Sorry to hear of the challenging ride home.

    Wishing you both a "quick clinic visit" tomorrow and a long matinée.....

    M.M. & Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's freezing and snowing here in Nebraska. Good to read that you've been out and about.

    ReplyDelete