Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Much needed break

Sorry haven't posted for a couple of days.  Yesterday was her 6th day of arsenic.  In the middle of having it she threw up.  This is the first time she has thrown up since leaving the hospital.   After coming home she was pretty tired.  They want to get 30 doses of arsenic in her and then do another bone marrow biospy and see what kind of remission she is in.   She has had 20 doses right now.   Her nurta fills just don't want to come in.  They are usually sitting around 700. 

When we  went up to the clinic today her heart rate was too high.  Alyssa wasn't too sad to hear that.  We needed to go to Provo to get her work to sign a paper so it worked out really good.  It was good for Alyssa to see Provo and see some of her friends at school.  Her boss told her again that she has a job when she gets back to school.  That made her feel really good.

We are hoping it doesn't take too many days before her numbers drop again to have another dose of arsenic.  Last time this happened it took her body around 4 days to come down.  We would really like to get those doses in as fast her body would let it.


P.S.  I am glad that Lisa is doing well and I thought I saw you guys in clinic today. 

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    I'm glad that you were able to visit your old stomping grounds, even if it was BYU. I hope you will soon be able to return back to normal life so you can complete your goals. I'm proud of you for hanging in there during the difficult times. You have been truly blessed to have such a supportive mom, also. What a good example you two are for us to follow! Hope to see you soon, except I don't know where to find you anymore.
    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa, So you have about 10 more rounds of arsenic left...are your nutrafills coming up any higher yet? I echo Debbie comment that I am proud of you for hanging in there and hope you can go on with your life soon. There are many wonderful things awaiting for you to do.
    Thinking of you, Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alyssa,
    Just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you. I did IVF yesterday (trying to get pregnant). This is my 7th and last time... I'm tired of self inflicted pain!! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be you. You are an inspiration to me as you demonstrate such great courage and perseverance.
    Hope to see you soon too... maybe Debbie and I can find you together. :)

    ReplyDelete