Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some more arsenic

We went up to the clinic and got her blood tested and they said she was good to go for arsenic.  Today we decided to leave and have lunch while they were mixing the arsenic.  That was so much better.  Thanks mom and dad for olive garden.  It was very good.

Her nurtrafills dropped to 600.  They said that there was a blast in it but they tested it and it was not APL.  They say that is normal when your bone marrow is coming in so don't be alarmed.  I also got a call today telling me that Bryan and Kelsey are not a match to Alyssa.  In fact she said asked me if Bryan and Kelsey belonged to us because they were so different.  She checked the bone marrow bank and said that there are 40,000 that match Alyssa.  We are not going to go down that road until we know that we can't take them from Alyssa.  It made me fill better to find out there were so many matches to Alyssa.


She is very tired tonight.  She gets so bored at the clinic.  I hope that her numbers go up tomorrow and she gets to have another treatment. 

I sewed a few seams today on a quilt and I felt like my old friend was back.  I am glad that our lives are getting back to some sense of normal.  Our days are filled with going to the clinic but we can eat our own food and sleep without anyone bothering us.  I am grateful that Alyssa is doing as good as she is doing.  She misses her friends and her old life.

1 comment:

  1. You have all had so much change all at once. Just because things are looking like it's going to be okay and you're sleeping in your own beds doesn't mean that this is not hard anymore, going to the hospital everyday and missing your family and friends. Our thoughts are with you as you journey through the full course of this trial.
    Love Meghan and family

    ReplyDelete