Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another day

Alyssa had a melt down last night.  I think everything just came to a head.  She thinks that she will never get out of the hospital.  She is afraid to make any plans in fear that something else will happen to her and she just wants her old life back.  While she was having her melt down the night nurse came in and she was so cute with Alyssa.   When we woke up this morning the nurse asked me what time I was going to my mom's birthday party.  I told her what time and then I asked her why.  She told me that she was going to see if Alyssa could get a day pass to go.  She went and found the PA and the doctor and they both said that my parents house was a little far to go but she could go somewhere within 30 minutes of the hospital.  She got released from her iv pole.  Kirk and her went to the grocery store and went to the apartment and made lunch.  Me, Kelsey and Bryan went to parents house for my mom's birthday party.

Kirk said that she got tired very easy but enjoyed not being in the hospital and hooked to the iv pole.  Her rash is slowly going away.  She seems to be in better spirits after having a good cry.  I am so proud of her.  I think that I would have a melt down long before this.  We still don't know how long we are going to be here but I am sure that we will get some more day passes to leave.  I can't believe how it helps her to just leave this place.

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa,
    I wish I didn't live so far away from the hospital or you could hang out here. I am off for the summer so call me if you want me to help or hang out with you. Just remember to take one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. You're doing great!
    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete