Monday, April 11, 2011

You Go Alyssa

I can't believe what amazing daughter I have.  She had a horrible day yesterday and I could tell that she was getting discouraged.  She kept trying to eat something and she kept throwing it up.  After many tries of drugs I think that they finally found the combination that will work for her.  She ate chicken noodle soup and some sprite and kept them down.  After keeping it down she looked at me and said, "we can do this".  I can't believe the inner strength that she has.  She DOES NOT want the nutrition in the bag.  She slept really good, I am sure it was all the drugs pumped in her.  When we woke up this morning the sun was shining and her nurse came in and said that they wanted to take her to do her  last MRI.  She hoped out of bed and said lets get this done.  I about fell out of my chair.  She has hated the MRI's in the past and has had almost anxiety attacks over them.  I am waiting for her to come back and then we will try a real breakfast and see how that goes.  She had her last dose of the first round of chemo last night at midnight.  Today is a rest day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa, We never met but my husband Roger was in the LDS hospital getting a bone marrow transplant just about the time you diagnosed and admitted. I found your blog through the McAteers blog (good people!) and read through the whole thing this morning. What you're going through right now is so hard, darn it. But it WILL get better. We came home to Montana about a month ago after spending five months in Salt Lake. The good news is: there is LIFE after transplant! Hang in there. It will get better.
    Roger and Candi Merrill

    ReplyDelete