Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

Well this day has not started off too good.  She had a rough night with her throat pain.  The nurses have been very diligent giving her pain meds all night.  When she woke up she tried some jello and promptly threw up.  She has managed to keep her pills down and she is resting nicely right now.  I hope that the day gets better. 

Kelsey, Bryan and I decorated her room last night while she was walking with her dad.  I was going to get a cake but I will wait and see how her stomach is later in the day.  I hope that she gets feeling better later on.  She is not to excited to celebrate her 22nd birthday like this.  I told her we will celebrate her birthday the right way next week when we are out of this place.  

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    So sad you have to be in the hospital on your birthday! Hope you have a good day anyway. I am proud of you for enduring through all that you have. You're amazing! Happy Birthday!
    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alyssa,

    Happy Birthday! You will always remember your 22nd birthday, won't you? I'm so sorry you're having trouble keeping food down and for all the other discomfort and pain you are experiencing. I hope you get to have some food and cake and keep it down and that it tastes like food to you. It is wonderful to see that you're nearing the end of this ordeal. Look how far you've come. It is such a comfort to me to know that our Savior understands ALL our pain and knows how to help us through it. I hope you feel His love for you and your burdens made bearable.

    Love Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa,
    Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry you have to be in the hospital on your birthday. We hope you feel better soon and are able to have a proper celebration. You're an inspiration to all who know you.
    Love,
    Dan, Heather, Carolyn and Jacob

    ReplyDelete