Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Concert

We got back from the Christmas concert.  It was excellent.  A family that knows this band arranged for them to come.  It was the highlight of the week for Alyssa.  They were very good.  I have enclosed some pictures of it and Alyssa's room. 

This is Alyssa's concert attire.  She looked so cute in her purple outfit.

Her Christmas ledge

Her feel good wall

Another feel good wall

The band

Part of the concert.  They forgot their king outfit so they made due with hospital stuff

One of Alyssa's nurses brought her in these pins.  They say, I Love pain meds, The nurse's favorite, Chemo Sucks, One Tough Chick

I can't believe how nice people are to  come and brighten these hospital patients.  Alyssa had a goal to go to the concert all week.  I am so glad that she got to go. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you both got to attend the concert. I can see how important it is for volunteers to put on a show like this. I can tell it really meant a lot to you both.

    Grandpa used to say "Keep on keeping on", so I'll reiterate that. I think the hardest part is behind you. Just a little bit more to go now.
    Patrick, Brenda and Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! im so glad that she was able to go to the concert!! I prayed for her to be able to go!! Im sorry i couldnt go today but I hope to be able to go next week. I have I fun suprise for her. Will you ask her if she has seen The Goonies and if not if she wants to see it? Its a fun movie! :) I hope she has a goood night tonight and day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete