Friday, December 10, 2010

What a Night

Well we had a horrible night.  She was so much in pain from the spinal tap.  Her back and head hurt her really bad.   Her nurse was so sweet and tried everything to try to get her comfortable.  She finally got to sleep around 5:30 am then the lady came in to take blood.  Alyssa always tells them that she has really bad veins.  (thanks to her mom).  Well this lady just didn't believe her and stuck her 4 times to get the blood.  That was what broke the camel's back.  She started crying and was in so much pain and tired.  The nurse felt so bad for her.  She told the nurse coming on at 7 that she had not had to much sleep so they tried to coordinate when they came in.  They got her pain under control and she finally got some sleep.

 As soon as she came back from ex ray I got her settled and I went to the Kimball and went to sleep for a couple of hours and had a shower.  It is amazing how much better you feel after some sleep and a shower.  When I got back she had lunch and went for a extra long walk.  After the walk she had a shower.  She was just sitting there and got sick to her stomach and threw up.  They gave her medicine and she wanted to eat some applesauce.  Then she promptly went to sleep.

The Christmas concert is at 8 tonight and she is so excited to go.  I told her to have a nap so she will be all refreshed for the concert.  She told me that when I was gone a lady came around and played a harp for all of the patients.  She said that it was very relaxing.  I am sure it was wonderful.  The nurses told me that this lady had been volunteering for about 2 years playing the harp.  What a wonderful service.  When I left I put on some relaxing Christmas music for her and she loved it.


When we get back from the concert I will let you know how that goes.  Her lungs are looking better so I don't think that a scope is going to have to be done.  We have not heard anything from the spinal tap.  I don't think that we will hear anything until Monday.  I truly believe that she doesn't have the virus that they think that she has.  She improves everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment