Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What a Busy Day

Horray Alyssa slept so good last night.  She had a awesome nurse and really kept her comfortable.  She broke her fever this morning and she is doing great today.  When the CNA came in to weigh her she couldn't believe that she slept  so long. 

 We ordered breakfast and then they said that they were going to take her to get a MRI and chest ex ray.  Just when her breakfast came they came to take her to the MRI.  I put the breakfast in the fridge for her to eat later.  I left and went and did some errands while she was in her test.  When I was on the way back Alyssa called and told me The Elgan's were there visiting.  That is my sister, her son went into the MTC today so it was a bittersweet day for them.  I got back and visited with them for a minute and said goodbye to my nephew.  Carlos take good care of him.  Brother and Sister Carlos are his mission president.  I know it meant a lot to Alyssa to say good bye to him.


After the Elgans left I got her breakfast heated it up for her and then they told me that she needed to go have a CT Scan done.  Meghan, Heather & Grandma Ward were on their way bringing lunch.  We just put Alyssa's lunch in the fridge since she just got done eating breakfast.  She went down to her CT scan.  After she got back she had a shower and went for a walk.  Her goal today was taking 3 walks.  With everything going on she has had only 1.  We will probably go on one later on tonight.

She has felt really good.  I hope that she has a good night and a better day tomorrow.  They say that there is still some bright spots on her brain but she is improving so much that they can't figure out what it is.  They sent her spinal fluid to a lab in California and it came back positive for one virus but when they ran the same test before sending it away it came back negative.  They are sending the spinal fluid back and re test it here and see what results they get.  They might have to do another spinal tap.  We will know more soon.

They think that the fever is from her central line.  Some doctors want to pull it out and some want to let the antibiotics  work.  It looks better today so I guess we will wait for tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she was able to sleep. Tell Alyssa we are praying for her. Your nephew is very lucky to be with the Carlos'. I hope you are doing well under the circumstances. What can I do to help you, so you are there for Alyssa? I would like to talk with you but don't know the best way to get hold of you. If you get a chance send me a quick text 402-598-1699. It was great to see Kirk this weekend. We will have him over for Dinner. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be affraid to fire a nurse now and then. Russ did that down at Madonna a few times.

    I was able to chat with Kirk for a bit today at the Baptisim....I told him that my heart aches for you and your family, and then I started tearing up...what a weannie I am!

    The baptisim was just wonderful. The spirit really touched my heart today.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete