Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread houses, brothers and carolers

She is making palettes but no nutrafills.  Dr. Peterson came in told her he would really like to get her out before Christmas.  He said that he would like to do a bone marrow biospey tomorrow to see if they can give her some medicine to boost the nutrafills.    He told that they were going to do everything to see if she can be home for Christmas. 

 Bryan and my dad came to visit today.  It really boosted Alyssa's spirits to see her brother.  Kirk is on his way tomorrow.  I hope the weather holds.  Kelsey is driving out next week with a friend.  It will be nice to have all my family together again.


Ann Mangrum (Alyssa's piano teacher and Young Women's President) came the other day to visit and she gave Alyssa a gingerbread house kit.  We made it today and gave it to the nurses to have at their station.  She had a good time doing it and it really boosted her spirits.  Thanks Ann for thinking of her.

We just got done listening to carolers at our door.  We can't go out but we opened the blind and watched them  It was wonderful.  They were all having a hard time with their emotions.  As soon as they were done a lady came up and told us that her husband was in our room and they made a quilt in this room.  She then told us that this was all of his family.  She then told us that he passed away 6 months ago.  She told us that they wanted to come and sing to the patients because they know what it is like to be in the hospital and can't leave.  It meant so much to us.  I can't believe how wonderful people are.  Alyssa and I have all ready decided that we are coming up here to volunteer and to carol to the doors.


Alyssa's gingerbread house.

Her spirits are good today.  I hope she keeps having good days.  Again I am so thankful for so many things.  I am so thankful the miracles that we have seen ever since we have started on this journey.  I know that Heavenly Father is in charge and he has a plan.  I know that we are here for a reason that we don't know but I am trusting Him and I hope that I can always listen to his way.  I love all of you and your love and concern.

1 comment:

  1. You both look so good! We just keep praying and praying-Randy and I are stopping by sometime on Thursday-anything you need???

    Love to you both!!

    ReplyDelete