Monday, December 6, 2010

This roller coaster ride

Another rough night.  She shaved her hair and had a shower.  She then climbed into bed and was complaining about her stomach.  She just didn't feel right.  Through out the night she didn't feel good around 2:30 a.m. I called the nurse and said that that she just didn't look right and she felt very hot.  The nurse took her temp and said that she had a fever.  She had to do a blood culture on her central line to see if those lines are compromised.  She got some medicine and she finally got some sleep.

She wanted  to give something to the ICU nurses and the nurses that are taking care of her.  I asked my sweet mom to make some homemade oreos.  Today Alyssa and I put the frosting in between the cookies.  We were going to get special permission to go down to ICU to give the staff down there cookies.  Well that changed when she got another temperature.  Her blood pressure went up so they are watching it close.  The nurse explained that her counts have not come up so that is why she is having this temperature problem.  She said that this is normal.  Alyssa is very scared to have to go back to ICU.  We assured her that was not happening. 


Cariann and Amber  came up to visit her from ICU.  That really cheered her up.  She also received mail today.  She got two cards from everyone at the Cougareat and Sister Mangrum.  She was very touched by everyone's concern for her. 


My mom made her some really cute hats.  I don't think that she can get too excited about them right now because she just dosen't feel well.  When she is feeling better I will post some pictures.  She looks very cute.   The charge nurse came around and said that she needed to get better by Friday because they are having a Christmas concert for their patients.  I hope that she can go to that because I think that will help her alot.

I took the cookies down to ICU and gave the plate to the nurses up here.  They were touched that even when Alyssa was sick she wanted to thank her nurses.  The occupational therapist came in and visited her and gave her some exercises to strengthen her muscles.  They also gave her a simple word problem to solve.  She just couldn't look at it because she was very over whelmed after she left.  

When Dr. Peterson (leukemia doctor) came in he told her that from his stand point everything is on track for her.  He  told her that we were not going to have anymore drama.  Alyssa looked at him tried not to laugh at him.  I am sure she thought that was easy for him to say.


Alyssa is such a good trooper.  I love her so much and I know that she will pull through this.  I am sure when this is all said and done she will have such a strong testimony and great empathy for hospital patients when she is working with them.

I got a phone call last night from a sweet sister in my ward in Omaha.  She asked me where I was staying and I told her the hospital and the Kimball condos.  She asked me what I was going to do after the hospital.  I told her that we have not crossed that bridge.  I can only think one day at a time.  She told me that they have a townhome in west valley that is empty.  They would like us to stay in it.  I am so touched by everyone and their concern and love for me and my family.  Thank you to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I taught Relief Society yesterday and it had a section on gratitude (at this Christmas time) and I couldn't help but mention you and some of the things I have seen on your blog and some of the things your dad told us at the High Priest's group party--you are a wonderful example to us all. Thanks for being strong. We are all praying for you! Hope to see you at Hannah's wedding reception! :)

    ReplyDelete