Sunday, December 5, 2010

A nice Sunday

Alyssa finally had a good nights sleep.   I think we figured out the secret to the back pain.  We put a heating pad on her last night and it was much better.  She was very comfortable all night.  She would get up to go to the bathroom and eat some little things and take her medicine and go right back to sleep.  It is amazing how much better you function the next day with some sleep.

 When she got up she ordered breakfast and ate it all gone.  Her sweet relief society presidency came and visited and I went and turned in my key to the hospital housing.  When I got back she was throwing up.  I think that she was pretty embarrassed to be throwing up with all of them here.  They gave her another dose of nausea medicine.  She climbed in bed and had a little cat nap.  I said that it must be her pattern to get light headed, throw up and then have a killer headache after and it

The PA came in after rounds and said that they were adjusting her meds.  Taking away one that they thought was causing her to be sick to her stomach.  Also, giving her a anti nausea medicine on a scheduled time so they can keep ahead of it.  She ate a good lunch and then her friend Hannah and her fiance came to visit.  She had a good visit and I think that she was glad to see someone other than me.


I had to leave and go check into the Kimball house and do our laundry.  My parents and their friends pulled together to get enough days to stay over there most of the month.  I still stay at night with her and then I go over to the Kimball to shower, do laundry and sometimes have a nap.  I am so blessed to have such great parents.  They have been such a great support to me and Alyssa.

When I got back they said that she could move to her new room.  When we came up stairs from the ICU her old room had a recliner.  It was gone when we got up there. I requested it because I knew that she would be more comfortable.  They brought in a couch that folds into a bed for me.  They told her that she could move to another room that is so much bigger when it was available.  It is really nice to be in a room that has a little more room.  She can see temple square from her window we have been told.  It is foggy tonight so we will wait and see tomorrow. 

She is getting ready to take a shower and shave her head.  She woke up this morning and there were clumps of hair everywhere.  She said that she couldn't look at that again so shaving will be so much easier.  The nurse gave us some catalogs that have some really cute hats.  There are some hats here that volunteers have made that we will use.  I saw some cute patterns on the Internet that I will print off and start making for her.  She is a little depressed about her hair but she says that is better than seeing all of the hair in the morning.


Her new room number is E801 just across the hall from her old room.  I hope that we have a good night like we did last night and hopefully when she wakes up she won't lose her breakfast.  I am so grateful for all of your prayers and concern for Alyssa.  She is so much better and I feel that we will learn many things from this experience.

4 comments:

  1. Alyssa,

    If ever I wondered who my bravest niece is, I now know. You're going through a lot, but you are facing up to every challenge. I think you're tough as ever!

    Keep up the great work.
    -Patrick, Brenda and Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are very brave Alyssa. And I love you for that. I'm glad you were able to move back upstairs and to a bigger room. Its unfortunate that you're starting to loose your hair, but hey at least you that you and Dad won't be the only ones in our family that is loosing their hair! Don't worry though, their is a classmate of mine that says hair is overrated and for your sake, I am starting to believe him. Also, Alyssa the hair is only a temporary thing, you'll have it back in the resurrection. You are very strong, and everyday I see you getting a little stronger. Love you, and get well soon.
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, I'm sorry that your hair is falling out already... that would freak me out as well seeing my hair everywhere so it's good your getting it cut. Don't worry though it'll grow back fast and you'll look cute with short hair. Hang in there. Have a good day. Glad you and mom are being taken care of.
    Love Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alyssa,
    Dan says every time he reads your posts or I tell him stuff it reminds him of his days at LDS hospital. -- craving food and then throwing up 10 minutes later. Dan begged his mom to bring him a chili cheese dog with hot peppers one time. He scarfed in down and then threw it up a few minutes later. He said it was worth it to satisfy his craving for a few short minutes... You'll certainly have the cutest hats to wear this winter with your mom around. She's the craftiest lady I know. You're mom helped me make my Temple dress when I was staying with your family for the few weeks I was engaged. I still wear that same dress, and I still get compliments on it all the time. That's a random thought. Hang in there. I'll come up for a visit this week. Maybe Wednesday or Friday.
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete